5.10.06

As our lives change..

"The most beautiful discovery that true friends can make is
that they can grow separately without growing apart..."


I always thought I could never define something as precious as best friends. but I realised now what it is..

I had the best of friends in school back in India. and then I left for Singapore. for a long long time. its been 5 years now, and still counting. and lucky for me, they still remain my best friends. where will I find people like these?
Our friendship has stood against the hardest tests of time and distance. there have been periods as long as 11 months without us seeing each other or talking much. but whenever I return, things always seem to be like they were before. like we just met yesterday. like nothing has changed. like we've grown up along each other.
and am not talking of just 1 or 2 friends here. its the whole gang! I think thats how best friends are. I know they are always there for me, no matter what I ask of them. sometimes i dun even have to ask. they just sense it that I need them.. even sitting thousands of miles away. we dun speak for months at times, and then when am suddenly back, we can carry a 4 hour long phone conversation with such ease, well may be not in tushar's case.. whose saturation point reaches much earlier than the rest, and before its long, the phone is slammed while u're talking, after some maa-behans of course.
When we meet over coffee, or some sheesha, or even at someone's house over spring rolls and coke, Life just suddenly stands still.. we dun realize where we are.. talking of old times, of new updates.. like we always wanna live in those times. that pure innocent unadulterated fun. I mean life seems so complex talking to new people. Those are the people i know ever since i was 9 or 10, and no matter what, we stuck together, and i am sure we will in the future. These people have seen me in every way possible, they've grown up with me. I dun have to be all pretentious around them, I dun have to show off anything, I dun have to act happy when am sad.. I am myself. and that is how comfortable they make me. no matter what, I would never exchange these friends for anything. and am sure, they know am there for them, to do whatever i can, even beyong my powers.

This is a tribute to you Tushar, who has taught me how to act all tough from outside, but be the mellowest from the inside. to you Anupam, who has taught me how to complain, yet always keep smiling to keep others around u cheered up. to you Rachita, who has taught me how to express our love and affection towards our friends from time to time so that they know how much they are loved, so that we never regret later about not expressing our feelings. to you Esha, who has taught me about being there for our friends without them asking, to love life and spread smiles. to you Shweta, who has taught me how to express our love in the cutest of ways, in the most adorable gestures, and being there for friends no matter what. to you Bunty, who has taught me how to never change and be the same old person we all fell in love with. to you Gunjan, who has taught me how o always complain about life being unfair yet never to compromise on life's principles. to you Priya, for just existing and being that source of inspiration and the spring of love.

We are now at the point in our lives where people are gonna move around, looking for jobs and such. I just pray to the almighty, that no matter what, this bond remains as it always has been. Even though lives are gonna change, and new people are gonna enter them, I hope between us, what we share, remains alive forever.

You guys make life so much worth living. cheers to friendship!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing....i hav also learned the very same things from these very frds... but never thought about it in d light as i do now...i'll definitely make sure that i appreciate what i have been given by u guys...thanks rohan...u hav brought a BIG SMILE on my face...i'll make sure i chek out ur blog regularly...didnt u wrote so well....:)
ritu

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

correction..."didnt know u write so well..." good goin buddy...enjoy...!!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm....like is said earlier..the earlier blog got this "BBBIIIIIIIIGGGG SMMIIILLLLLEEE" on my face.. but this one..was somethin different..n im running out of adjectives to really type it all out..
great work! honestly, it made a lotta difference to me..it was after readin this that i called up a frnd n talked things over..
seriously didnt know u write this well! :):):) kudos!

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all those names shuld b reposted in bold :)

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home