of backpackers and memories
Guess who is all surprised?
You? for expecting a BIG mexico round up?
Or you again for just the fact that i am blogging after so long?
I know I owe u all a big mexican tribute. something I just havent been able to make myself do. Why?
I am really really jobless, with no work whatsoever. so i cud have done it!
But no! I am sick. sick of thinking of suitable adjectives and not being able to find even one o describe the experience in brief.
Am sick of those clueless, what-the-fuck-is-this-guy-blabbering-about expressions people give me when I start to tell them about those 4 and a half months of my mexican dream.
During my stay in India, or my last one month here, it's been terrible. terrible for the fact that NO BODY understand even 20% of what am talking. even if they understand, they are either not interested.
do I pity them? should I understand? that they have no fucking clue as to what really happened.
while talking to sandra a couple of weeks back, I realized. its only us. us, the crazy exchange students from generacion diciembre dos mil seis (i like saying that instead of 2006).
only us who can look back at the pictures and remember those times.
its only us who'll understand the jokes, the fun, the nicknames and the situations we've been.
its only us, who'll look back at one particular incident and have a permanent smile on the face the whole day.
its only us who'll have those dreams about mexico.
and only us, who'll understand just how exactly it felt to be right there, right then, at that moment!
My last twelve days were sheer delight. a well deserved finale to the greatest few months of my very eventful life. A backpacking trip through the real mexico down south. eating in mercados, camping in jungles, riding crazy horses in the hills, watching horrendous C grade steven seagal flicks in those long overnight bus rides, sleeping in hammocks, peeing in natural locales, checking out awesome natural wonders like the waterfalls at chiflon, the tree at Tule and the lakes in monte bello, or reliving the mayan past with the ruins and pedestals (not pyramids!) at monte alban and Palenque, or the exciting, colorful and vibrant cities like Oaxaca or San Cristobal de las Casas. or lastly, the bluest waters and the whitest, softest sands of the caribbean coast. I was with the people I grew to love the most in Mexico. right from Mathieu, Josè and Sarah, the best housemates I could have ever gotten. to Sandra, Susanne.. my two favorite girls who actually took all my jokes really well!! and lastly, Johnny Daddy, Andreas and Sexi Lexi. who'll always be the first people I actually befriended in Mexico! These people definitely came to learn some facts about me the hard way. from my sheer laziness to my internet addiction. I am really sorry for that!! Right from our crazy drunk photo sessions with me shouting a new expression for the next photo.. went like.. ok, angry! happy! kiss! smile! sad! drunk! loco! look up! surprised! to making fun of each other..
Susanne/Selina's German-English influenced Spanish Accent. No me Gusta, po favo!
Sandra/Señorita's realization of her ultimate dream of writing a book about the best places to pee in mexico. right from expensive hotels, to rainforests to buses. she can review them all!
Mathieu/Marco Antonio's obsession with the French Routard Mexican GuideBook and his phobia of not sleeping in the bus and only staring at the road ahead coz he could never get himself to trust the driver!
Josè/Jean Claude's getting drunk in Tulum, shouting ALEXIA in top of his voice while the poor girl was sleeping, bursting firecrackers on the beach, and lastly ending up like a homeless freak in front of the door of our cabaña.
Rohan/Raul's funny way of riding his horse, his obsession with internet, and his laziness to get up in the morning.
I choose to not talk about the final goodbyes at Cancun in detail. I'll just always remember how Sarah's last words to me were, "Lets take a picture!" a befitting tribute to my stay in mexico. I'll always remember how much loved Susanne and Sandra made me feel on my last 3 days. I'll always remember the final hugs to Marty and Josie.
Now back in Singapore, after a 3 week stint in New Delhi. My Delhi stay had a lot of special moments in store for me this time. right from the party my family hosted for me. to the awesome new years eve and getting drunk with my Dad for the first time, to anupam's hoax farewell drama, to the usual phone calls and hanging outs with school friends. and of course. to spending time with pri. was very special indeed.
Singapore is the same. although, all my friends are on attachment, deserting me on campus on my own. Thankgod for the divine presence of Aakanksha, Shantanu and Nikhil who havent let me feel bored mostly. Aakanksha's uncanny resembelence to my sis Heena is really strange. these people have been angels!!
My usual bhoot gang has been the same. Dramas Galore. I feel at home. only my resistance to dramas has really weakened. but nevertheless, we've already had some memorable times in these 5 weeks! despite their busy schedule.. bus stop binging, random movies and dinners in the city. sheesha of course. laughing at tulsi, making vyas feel bad, teasing goli golini, and feeling scared of ganjoo (especially with the bruises).. life's back to normal.
Its almost like living three lives in a period of 6 months. Three very different Rohans for you to experience.
All seems like a distant dream now, Mexico. yet so alive, every memory so vivid in my mind.
Super 5, Tequila, Indio, Weed, Tacos de la Calle, Torta Cubana, Mercados and Cantinas. i miss ya all.
You? for expecting a BIG mexico round up?
Or you again for just the fact that i am blogging after so long?
I know I owe u all a big mexican tribute. something I just havent been able to make myself do. Why?
I am really really jobless, with no work whatsoever. so i cud have done it!
But no! I am sick. sick of thinking of suitable adjectives and not being able to find even one o describe the experience in brief.
Am sick of those clueless, what-the-fuck-is-this-guy-blabbering-about expressions people give me when I start to tell them about those 4 and a half months of my mexican dream.
During my stay in India, or my last one month here, it's been terrible. terrible for the fact that NO BODY understand even 20% of what am talking. even if they understand, they are either not interested.
do I pity them? should I understand? that they have no fucking clue as to what really happened.
while talking to sandra a couple of weeks back, I realized. its only us. us, the crazy exchange students from generacion diciembre dos mil seis (i like saying that instead of 2006).
only us who can look back at the pictures and remember those times.
its only us who'll understand the jokes, the fun, the nicknames and the situations we've been.
its only us, who'll look back at one particular incident and have a permanent smile on the face the whole day.
its only us who'll have those dreams about mexico.
and only us, who'll understand just how exactly it felt to be right there, right then, at that moment!
My last twelve days were sheer delight. a well deserved finale to the greatest few months of my very eventful life. A backpacking trip through the real mexico down south. eating in mercados, camping in jungles, riding crazy horses in the hills, watching horrendous C grade steven seagal flicks in those long overnight bus rides, sleeping in hammocks, peeing in natural locales, checking out awesome natural wonders like the waterfalls at chiflon, the tree at Tule and the lakes in monte bello, or reliving the mayan past with the ruins and pedestals (not pyramids!) at monte alban and Palenque, or the exciting, colorful and vibrant cities like Oaxaca or San Cristobal de las Casas. or lastly, the bluest waters and the whitest, softest sands of the caribbean coast. I was with the people I grew to love the most in Mexico. right from Mathieu, Josè and Sarah, the best housemates I could have ever gotten. to Sandra, Susanne.. my two favorite girls who actually took all my jokes really well!! and lastly, Johnny Daddy, Andreas and Sexi Lexi. who'll always be the first people I actually befriended in Mexico! These people definitely came to learn some facts about me the hard way. from my sheer laziness to my internet addiction. I am really sorry for that!! Right from our crazy drunk photo sessions with me shouting a new expression for the next photo.. went like.. ok, angry! happy! kiss! smile! sad! drunk! loco! look up! surprised! to making fun of each other..
Susanne/Selina's German-English influenced Spanish Accent. No me Gusta, po favo!
Sandra/Señorita's realization of her ultimate dream of writing a book about the best places to pee in mexico. right from expensive hotels, to rainforests to buses. she can review them all!
Mathieu/Marco Antonio's obsession with the French Routard Mexican GuideBook and his phobia of not sleeping in the bus and only staring at the road ahead coz he could never get himself to trust the driver!
Josè/Jean Claude's getting drunk in Tulum, shouting ALEXIA in top of his voice while the poor girl was sleeping, bursting firecrackers on the beach, and lastly ending up like a homeless freak in front of the door of our cabaña.
Rohan/Raul's funny way of riding his horse, his obsession with internet, and his laziness to get up in the morning.
I choose to not talk about the final goodbyes at Cancun in detail. I'll just always remember how Sarah's last words to me were, "Lets take a picture!" a befitting tribute to my stay in mexico. I'll always remember how much loved Susanne and Sandra made me feel on my last 3 days. I'll always remember the final hugs to Marty and Josie.
Now back in Singapore, after a 3 week stint in New Delhi. My Delhi stay had a lot of special moments in store for me this time. right from the party my family hosted for me. to the awesome new years eve and getting drunk with my Dad for the first time, to anupam's hoax farewell drama, to the usual phone calls and hanging outs with school friends. and of course. to spending time with pri. was very special indeed.
Singapore is the same. although, all my friends are on attachment, deserting me on campus on my own. Thankgod for the divine presence of Aakanksha, Shantanu and Nikhil who havent let me feel bored mostly. Aakanksha's uncanny resembelence to my sis Heena is really strange. these people have been angels!!
My usual bhoot gang has been the same. Dramas Galore. I feel at home. only my resistance to dramas has really weakened. but nevertheless, we've already had some memorable times in these 5 weeks! despite their busy schedule.. bus stop binging, random movies and dinners in the city. sheesha of course. laughing at tulsi, making vyas feel bad, teasing goli golini, and feeling scared of ganjoo (especially with the bruises).. life's back to normal.
Its almost like living three lives in a period of 6 months. Three very different Rohans for you to experience.
All seems like a distant dream now, Mexico. yet so alive, every memory so vivid in my mind.
Super 5, Tequila, Indio, Weed, Tacos de la Calle, Torta Cubana, Mercados and Cantinas. i miss ya all.

4 Comments:
good job!!! n since i've seen all those pics i can associate with it....you should right a travel log!! but ofcourse you cant expect the people who havnt been there with you to totally 100% be engrossed in what your saying...thats just plain silly....!!!
memories are always a beautiful thing!!
yeahhhh.... good memories, good moments. but you dont have to worry about.... the life is long and we will have a lot of great moments....... id ont like the part of the homeless!!!!
saludos y muchos abrazos rohan.... cuidate ya que tu papa no podra cuidarte desde tan lejos!!!
mannnn i am soo glad u are back!!! seriously... welcome back.. but i must say ur mexico videos were damnn fun also...accha lagaa
lekin kal ka videos toh omg tha..
Thanks Rohanito for remembering all these memories! i also find it difficult to transmit what i experienced during this wonderful stay in Mexico... Maybe it has to remain secret to keep its beauty...
Don't forget you'll need each of us in every step of your life: josé to build your house (you'll pay him with tequila los dorados), sandra to test your toilets and ensure its quality, susanne to teach you some spanish expressions, sarah to take pictures during your wedding and me as a slave cooking everyday for u...!!!!
Muchos abrazos de Francia... Cuidate chiquillo! Love ya guys!
Mat
Post a Comment
<< Home